Jesus H ! Looks like I've been spoiled by owning Android handsets that are easily (although I didn't appeciate it at the time !) But these idiots really do make things hard.

Just to explain , I bought an xperia play , just out of curiousity because it seemed like a well specced device at a cheap price , also I like the look of the build quality and the general "chunkiness" , not that I'm really a gamer myself , but I know a little boy that will be happy to take it off my hands !

What really narks me is that people make all this fuss about what a "closed" system iOS is , and how Android is akin to running naked through a field of daisies in terms of freedom.

So , obviously the first thing you do with an Android phone is root it and remove the "pc like" crap that is bundled with it at the very least , or even better , flash it with a decent ROM - One that is knocked up by a 14 year old in his bedroom , rather than a crap one made buy a multi billion $ company , who always seem to be hindered by their unlimited resources.

OK so , lets look into this , to Root I need to unlock the bootloader , - Ah look Sony have a dedicate web service that gives you your code !

Oh but wait , it only give you a code if your device is eligable (sim free) - mine isn't , so what do I do ?

NOTHING - Simply can't be unlocked , can't use ADB, can't be rooted - Ah well , not to worry

Last time I buy anything from these muppets !