Ok, does anyone know whats happening here and when its gonna become live? is it ristricted to to just 3g reception?

Basically im on o2 with iphone and where i work has no o2 coverage for miles around, now the other day when speaking to the network services team at o2 they asked me to try doing a manual search and selecting Voadfone of course it didn't work but would be great if it did, Voda have great coverage there, but 2g only!! just thought it was a bit weird of network services to ask me to do that.
TBH i'm pretty peed with o2 regading this, my office is in Surrey and even Three have 3g coverage within my office, i get no signal for about 6 miles around the office, when i connected to o2 i got told i will get coverage, not great but i will get it, wrong!! of course i was away from the office for 4 weeks when i connected to o2, so well past my 14 days, then after i logged the complaint last year i got told it will improve early 2009 and of course it hasn't, and no sign anytime of any improvement... A bit poor me thinks for even 2g coverage in not that rural part of Surrey, infact i find o2 signal in he south very poor..

I need my phone for work, i keep getting into lots of trouble with my bosses who think i keep turning my phone off.