Well , I have got it , and I absolutely love it , OK so the iPhone is "better" - and TBH I was not expect the Magic to "beat" the iPhone , but for the first time , I actually feel that someone else in the industry (other than Apple) has finally woken up to what they need to do !!

It has taken long enough !! but they got it right - the phone was quick and simple to set up , no messing around transferring contacts and syncing - simple put my google id in , and the thing is fully set up , ready to use !!
This is a bit of an awakening , A few years ago in the period known as B.I. ( B.I. = "Before iPhone" ) - if you bought a new phone, (especially on a different platform to your previous one) ..you would find yourself dedicating the best part of a day installing software on your computer ,messing around syncing contacts , then putting them all right where the sync messed them all up , leaving you thinking you may as well have copied them manually , then there is all the fun of looking up your email server settings , then spending a while trying to get the account sending and receiving properly , usually never straightforward - Normally 8 hours hard labour was about right to get the thing into a "usable" state
This period usually serves as a bit of a "bonding" period - but not with this magic thingy - It was up and running with all my details on within 10 minutes or so. All I need to do is learn to use it right ? WRONG !
Those clever people at Android have clicked onto the same thing that Apple have done , and made a device you can simply pick up and use - this is something that I suspect the Likes of Nokia are never going to understand , let alone develop , they are far too set in their ways , an I'd bet the N97 probably suffers from the same deep and cryptic menu systems that Nokia love so much.
I am so glad that someone other than Apple has clocked onto this at last - I am sick of hearing all the Apple haters implying that we big up the iPhone because of the Apple logo , The iPhone is better because it is innovative in terms of user experience and ease of use - Now someone else has "seen the light" , and will receive similar praise to the iPhone (no doubt) the haters argument that it is all about the Apple badge wears a bit thin - and sends a clear message to the industry .... "This is what you need to do , if you can't do it , then please step out of the ring "

Absolutely loving it , using the Google maps streetview with the compass is absolutely freaky !!