The following link takes you to the BBC technology correspondent's short 4-minute presentation of the HTC Magic.

I would go along with a lot of what has been presented, and you'll see my own impressions of this delightful handset elsewhere on Talk3G. I do, however, disagree with regard to the battery life being a "limitation". While it may not be the longest available on a modern smartphone, the battery life is by no means restrictive. Smartphone users will have to get used to developing a regime of practising "opportunity charging" through the day as they go. That may be a 10-minute top-up from the work's computer, maybe a spell in a USB charger in the car/motorcycle, or perhaps a mains-charger top-up where available. The HTC Magic is using the new industry-standard min-USB and so the availability and possibilities are much wider than with phone-specific chargers.

And so on to the presentation itself - you can view it here --> http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/programme...ne/8047518.stm

As Dan Simmons says, the HTC Magic is "the most interesting handset of 2009 so far".