View Full Version : Twitter ye not - O2 mobile data sucks

Hands0n
30th August 2009, 11:37 AM
On Twitter @O2 is getting a lot of 'tweets' from people saying that O2's data coverage on 3G and 2G is being particularly flaky at best, non-existent typically.

O2 themselves are being particularly tight-lipped about the whole situation, but from reading the tweets it does appear to be a fairly widespread problem. And therefore it is completely unreasonable and unfair that O2 are saying nothing at all.

The Brits will only put up with the mushroom treatment for so long - and there is nothing worse than a miffed Brit.

A certain Talk3G contributor has started tweeting some suggestions

@O2 won't talk to us, then let it talk to OFCOM. Complain to 02079813040 or 03001233333. Enough calls and they'll investigate #talk3g

and

RT @Hands0n: Perhaps it is time for all to start calling OFCOM about @O2 mobile data outages. Its going on for too long now Call 02079813040

Could Twitter's "people power" start to work in favour of O2 customers? Probably, if sufficient people take up the call to arms.

A few more RT (ReTweets) should do the trick. ;) :D So come on, lets get Twittering and see what we can get going.

Ben
30th August 2009, 11:44 AM
I did appear to have some sort of data outage yesterday but I switched my iPhone off and on again and all was well. It's difficult figuring out WTF is going on when things don't work! Spending the vast majority of my time in WiFi doesn't help.

Am all for Twittering people power, though. If there are problems then having them start to trend on Twitter would be an excellent way to draw in enough attention.

miffed
30th August 2009, 12:01 PM
I guess I must be lucky , or perhaps I get a double portion of o2 luck in leiu of my bad Vodafone & Three luck ?
I have had a few "outages" , where the network has gone down for the best part of the day , but other than that , I really can't fault o2 in terms of network coverage and quality
Now, I am not suggesting for one minute that o2's service is flawless - but are they REALLY any worse than any other network when it comes to downtime and problems ? - Personally , I'd say my experience of the various networks data offerings is between "good" and "extensive" , and I honestly do find o2's service to be at the better end of the scale. - especially considering the load that the iPhone has put on them ,( this is a luxury that the other Networks have over o2 ! ) - interesting to see what impact the uptake of Android phones has on this situation.