View Full Version : Please help

narud
7th October 2008, 09:39 PM
I upgraded my contract in august but the handset was sent to my old address and now whenever i phone 3g all they say to me is go to the old address and try find the handset but the people living there now are denying the fact that they have recieved the handset. When i was upgrading my contract i confirmed with the person atleast 3 times however that person never recorded my new address. 2 week later when i called 3g that the time the new address was recorded and dated now whenever i say to the customer service person that the 1st person didnt record my details all i hear is that yes it has been recorded but 2 week after the contract the renewed which according to them means i am not telling the truth. My problem is that i want to cancel the contract now but they wont do that without me having to pay for the rest of the months that are left for the contracts or me paying the handset cost if i want a new handset. :mad:
PLEASE DO GIVE ME SOME ADVICES ABOUT HOW I CAN CANCEL THE CONTRACT.
THANKS IN ADVANCE :confused:

Hands0n
8th October 2008, 07:02 PM
Oh my, what a dreadful story. Unfortunately you are not going to find 3 at all willing to help you out in this situation. Their Indian call centre will be of no use to you at all, and it is pointless phoning now that the problem has become so severe.

I would suggest that you email their customer services and start putting everything in writing. (and keep copies of everything). Write to them at [email protected] (UK Customer Services). Be very factual, record dates and times as best as you can remember them. Start keeping a log of everything.

Now the important bit. It is up to Three to find the handset, not you. The handset would have been signed for at the old address. If they have allowed someone to sign for it on your behalf that is their lookout not yours. As long as noone connected with you signed for it then it is not your affair, it is theirs. So, tell them that you want them to supply you with the signed for details for a Police Report (bluff) if they continue to insist the risk is yours.

Next you may want to get in touch with your local Trading Standards office for some bespoke advice. They should be able to tell you your definite rights. But the main point is that you were sold the new handset remotely, its called Distance Selling, and there are a number of rules and regulations that 3 must follow. Their Indian call centre will not know about these but the UK Exec Office will.

Be polite, be firm, and write down what you want 3 to do for you so that you do not get lost in the conversation.

Be prepared for quite a fight. Three are not a willing partner.

narud
12th October 2008, 10:21 AM
i know 3G is not supportive at all i have emailed one of the exceutive officer or something like that but i have not received any email till now. It has been 2 weeks now. Last time i called up 3G i was told to continue using the old phone and i will still get minutes but im not getting minutes and all i am getting is bills at home. :confused:
I told the customer service that i have been to the old address and i have not found the handset they just don't believe me. All they say to me is go to the old address and try find the handset and they will blacklist the handset and till today the handset has not been blacklisted.

3GScottishUser
12th October 2008, 10:34 AM
Hi

If you did not receive the handset you should ask 3 for a copy of the delivery documentation. All handsets are strictly 'signed for' on delivery and if your signature is not verified then you have a legal right to cancel the upgrade.

threecomplaints
22nd October 2008, 01:53 PM
Sounds terrible.

You will need to write to three's address formally first

Then make sure you refer this to Otelo and then Ofcom ASAP but needs to be a minimum of 12weeks from when you first issue your complaint unless you are at a "deadlock" with 3 (i.e. they've already said there is nothing they will do to help)

Otelo may be able to get you compensation and allow you to cancel your contract early.

more details on this website www.threecomplaints.com

I really hope this helps.

narud
27th October 2008, 10:25 PM
I recieved a new handset now and i am getting my minutes and texts properly i really don't know why i received that handset, i didn't get any new before that i will be getting the mobile it just came home un expectedly, may be the reason for that was that my sim card was lock but now it is ok. However, i am a little bit still unsure wherether i should keep this handset and why they send me the handset.
Thanks Guys really appreciate your help :D

3GScottishUser
30th October 2008, 07:26 PM
You are most welcome.

Feel free to come back and ask questions or post your experiences on the boards.