View Full Version : Three PAYG Modems - £39.99 here !

miffed
2nd July 2008, 02:58 PM
http://www.ukdvdr.co.uk/shop/NEW-ITEMS-c-331.html

This is my favorite site for Blank media & ink , but today I noticed they have some 3 modems for £39.99

The service from these guys is superb

Just thought I'd mention it !

Ben
2nd July 2008, 03:09 PM
Nice and cheap :D All good, really!

miffed
2nd July 2008, 03:53 PM
It is so great to see these things being so cheap these days !
Only seems like yesterday I was buying a used "Nokia Card Phone" for about £60 off ebay and thinking I was getting a bargain , then surfing at a blistering speed of (up to) 28kbps ... all for the giveaway rate of 35p per minute ( or I could drop down to 14kbps and get it out of my inclusive minutes ;) )
Kids today , they don't know how lucky they are ....

Hands0n
2nd July 2008, 09:01 PM
Are these locked to the 3 network?

miffed
2nd July 2008, 09:05 PM
I think so , the 'blurb' reads as if they come with the SIM card etc. and they fully expect you to be using them on Three's network

Hands0n
3rd July 2008, 01:50 PM
Oh, poo! The Vodafone ones are not - allegedly - but I wouldn't want to buy one of these for my T-Mobile SIM and find out that they're locked to 3.

Ben
3rd July 2008, 02:29 PM
My Voda dongle is locked, AFAIK. They tried to help me unlock it but the software just kept giving an error when I tried the unlock code they gave me :(

3GScottishUser
4th July 2008, 07:03 AM
AFAIK all of 3's dongles are locked and the PAYG ones cant even be used with an existing USIM from another 3 handset.

A great price at £39.99 but you have to remember that you need to top-up by a minimum of £10 every 30 days. Beware if you go outwith the 30 days and then attempt to use the dongle as your credit will rapidly dissapear if you have not bought another Broadband add-on. I have learned this to my cost when attempting to top-up and buy an add-on outwith the 30 days! Yes they charge you per MB even to buy a Broadband add-on if your current one has expired (nasty).

PAYG is OK but if you already have a 3 contract then the free dongle or stick and 1/2 price monthly rental is unbeatable. 3 are now calling their contract customers to promote this offer and for occasional use at less than £1.2 a week its a brilliant deal. I have been using mine in airports etc where you have to pay silly amounts for Wi-Fi access and it has more than paid its way to date.