View Full Version : Shall I join 3?

chagle
12th December 2006, 12:02 PM
Hi all,

I am currently with T-Mobile and have a Nokia 6280 on contract.

I'm now looking at getting a 2nd contract phone etc. that has a lot more features and have been looking at the three network.

I was thinking about the X-Series and the features of the handset and service look great.

Obviously I want a fairly low tariff etc. as this will probably be more of a play thing if anything.

I have looked at the 3 Website and looks like I can get X-series Gold inc. Sling which looks neat...

The sling itselfs sells for £170 in PC Work but with a 3 contract it's only £99!

All I seem to see is complaints about 3, i.e. customer service etc. but is there actual service OK?

Also are there any cheaper options available than their Website store?

Many thanks,

Glen. :)

Ben
12th December 2006, 12:13 PM
The general rule these days is that the network itself has improved greatly but if you ever need to deal with customer services you could be in for a shock. Regarding X-Series, I'd advise waiting a little longer to guage the larger reaction to the new services and let Three work out any kinks, but if you're ready for it now and it's what you want then I'd say go for it :) Just make sure you shop around for the very best deal - it wont necessarily be directly from Three, though if you call them they might be able to better their own online tariffs, not sure!

Remember to make good use of that cancellation period at the start of your contact - make sure you're getting the service you expected before you're tied in for lord knows how long.

chagle
12th December 2006, 12:15 PM
Thanks Ben...

I'm an impulsive kinda bloke, sometimes not for the better!! I don't wanna get my ikle finger burnt! :)

GLen.

getti
12th December 2006, 12:32 PM
Well seeing as i now work for 3 i could be biased and say all other networks suck and 3 are the best network ever.

To be honest though and i have always been honest on here. 3 is a good network with some great phones and great value price plans.

The main area they fall down on is the customer service where you have the language barrier with India not understanding you and you not understanding them.

With that being said, I helped get a fellow member of What Mobile onto 3 a few days back and he is blown away by the services and X-Series on his Nokia N73.

It really is a great service.

As for customer service, well thats what i am here for. if you do sign up and have any questions you need help on you can post them here or send me a PM and i will get back to you asap with any help i can give you.

Your own english CS on call (as such) 24/7.... now thats service! :D

chagle
12th December 2006, 12:38 PM
SOLD! :)

Thanks matey... I've heard that if someone 'refers' me, they get a credit on their account and me too! :)

Is that so....? :)

Is the online Three Store the best deals for the x-series?

:p

Glen.

getti
12th December 2006, 12:47 PM
Online would be good for 3 yeh, you get the same deals online as on the phone or in store.

Introduce a friend to 3 and we'll give you both £15 credit on your bill.

There's loads of ways to spend it. Video calls, texts, games, music downloads, ringtunes, and more. Just hit the Planet 3 button and take a browse.

Thinking of becoming a 3 customer?

What are you waiting for! This great offer applies to all our 18 month contract plans only. Start shopping now for the best deal for you. Just make sure you enter your friend's 3 mobile number in your Order Confirmation page when completing your order, and you'll both get £15 credit on your bill.

It used to be £30 each but that recently changed. However if you enter my mobile number in as it says above you will get £15 credited to your account which if you think about it, nearly pays for a month's rental with the 1/2 price offers.

You could look at it that if you went into a 3 store today you take the phone with you. But if you order online it only takes 1 day anyway and you can enter in the refer a friend number at the same time.

chagle
12th December 2006, 01:01 PM
That's cool - Wanna PM me your number? :)

Glen. ;)

getti
12th December 2006, 01:11 PM
Done :) :) :)

3GScottishUser
12th December 2006, 01:12 PM
x-series on an N73 with a Slingbox will cost £806 over the duration of an 18 month contract from 3 direct!!

I am pretty sure if you want mobile browsing a number of dealers would be able to beat the above price by a lot!!

Remember Skype calls on x-series are only to other PC users and 3 mobiles.... not to ordinary phones. Remote PC use can be done with many 3rd party providers including www.logmein.com and Windows Live Messenger is available for free from Microsoft for any phone on any network!

The key factor that makes x-series a no go for me is the 'no modem use' clause, so no prospect of viewing Internet on a PC or PDA and I cant really be bothered with all that scrolling and squinting on a tiny screen.

Hands0n
12th December 2006, 03:02 PM
My only, and constant, warning about 3 is to be prepared for the "Customer Service Experience" which is very, very, very broken............ if you need them it will not be at all pleasant. If everything works fine, and you don't need any help, and nothing goes wrong, 3's network and services are excellent.

chagle
12th December 2006, 04:06 PM
Thank you everyone! Great stuff....

T-Mobile are great but need another gadget to play with! :)

Glen. :p