View Full Version : What now for 3UK

3GScottishUser
30th March 2005, 10:09 PM
Having spent a fortune subsidising handsets to new users and having had a terrible press on Watchdog and on the Internet what can they do to make something of the failed product that has been provided so far?

Both ThreePay and Contract deals look less than desireable now and existing users seem to be moving on having put up with the dodgy network and the poor customer service allbeit at cheap prices.

Will 2005 make or break 3 UK?

Ben
31st March 2005, 12:00 AM
There's no doubt that Three has entered into a remarkably tough marketplace, and has so far done well to break the ice - though this has come at obvious costs, not all of which are financial.

On a financial note though, I think the level of financial commitment by parent company Hutch shown so far is a good indication that Three aren't going anywhere, not yet anyway. I'm certainly watching Three with great interest at the moment!

miffed
31st March 2005, 02:17 PM
A company as powerful as hutch shouldn't (and probably won't) put up with any extended nonsense
I agree , it looks ridiculous on the face of it , a huge company , evidently letting one of their companies be run like a chimps tea party -

But they MUST have some kind of plan on this , they have the power and capability to change things around and shake things up until they work - yet it appears they choose not to

All I can say is that this MUST have been taken into account somewhere down the line - Big companies don't just think - "Ah well , well just plod along and see if things improve ...." there must be a gameplan ! and should things not be going to plan - there MUST be courses of action being followed

I know is sounds bizzare - but I reckon it is like one of those twisty novels - in retrospect we'll all look back and say "ah ... so THATS what they were up to ! clever Hutchinson ! "

Hands0n
3rd April 2005, 08:46 AM
It is interesting that the "game plan" is perceptably different for the UK than other H3 locations. For example the "Walled Garden" - which only we (or few H3 locations) have as a Business Decision. WTFs that all about :confused: I'm sure other differences exist. :eek:

Ben
3rd April 2005, 02:22 PM
Everyone seems to take us for a little bit of a ride in the UK. The walled garden 'business decision' is indeed a very strange one when you consider it hasn't been implemented elsewhere. I can only speculate, but perhaps there were some sort of additional costs to getting started in the UK, or much stricter demands from content providers? Whatever it was, it resulted in one of the first stumbling blocks for most new Three UK subscribers.