View Full Version : Disappointed with 3

gorilla
6th November 2009, 09:14 AM
I have recently unlocked my iPhone and have been testing a 3 PAYG sim and while I do get 3G, the coverage is not what I had been hoping for. It could just be that I'm in a mobile blackspot but I think my memory of 3 might have been somewhat clouded!

I would still score 3 ahead of O2 in terms of coverage, but their data network is disappointing. I am getting speeds of around 1 Mbps on iphone speedtest, yet pages seem to take an age to load.

I think it's time to admit to myself that three is not the network I am looking for :p

a_ukboy
6th November 2009, 10:03 AM
Hmmmm, interesting... I have unlocked my Iphone and am currently using an Orange sim only deal, £30 1200 mins, unlimited texts and 500mb data...
I'm just about to make a post about it all but my findings are similair to yours, so far sloooooow data with Orange, coverage better though but yes defo not impressed so far by the speed of the iphone on Orange here in London, done a few speedtests and getting speeds as low as 117kbps and up to 2mbps, but using the internet itself takes a while for pages to load... Well im only on 30 day tariff so could move again!!

Strangely so far although its only been a couple of days i have found the data to be just as bad/slow as o2's.. So is it the network, or Iphone?

gorilla
6th November 2009, 03:57 PM
I hope it's the network, maybe Ben can tell us what the iPhone is like on Vodafone?

Ben
6th November 2009, 04:36 PM
Good news from me :D I'm using the 3G, so I don't know what the 3GS would be like (I assume better, esp in terms of speed), but after an initial panic (my local Voda 3G mast was out) I'm basking in full 3G most of the time! Browsing is fast, too :D Battery life not so hot, but then my 3G is getting on a bit now and has had 'funny' usage over the last few months since I got the 3GS.

Yeah, it's awesome :D Just hanging on for the official Vodafone tariffs and to see if I can get the 3GS 'officially' unlocked.

a_ukboy
7th November 2009, 01:36 AM
Today my 3gs has been behaving very well on Orange, very fast page loading :-) and constant full 3g signal, battery lasting very well indeed, still have 59% remaining after 18.5 hrs.. So much better after the shocking first day