View Full Version : 3's updated coverage maps

3GScottishUser
22nd September 2009, 06:25 PM
Just had look at the 3 website and checked their coverage maps to see why I still seem to have issues with both dropped calls and data reception in my house.

Over the years I have had numerous conversations with 3 customer service representitives both in Glasgow and Mumbai about this issue and I have always been assured that I had good coverage at my address and that there should be no issues. Handsets, SIM cards (wiping) and even the weather has been blamed for poor relibility of calls!!

Surprise, surprise.... looking at the new coverage map my house is outwith their coverage!! I apparently only get coverage outdoors, handy on the laptop in the garden in the rain eh?

Obviously this has been the case for years but I assume those providing the 'customer service' were simply doing as instucted and wasting my money and time spinning a yarn about coverage that was insufficient at my address. I doubt if the information now on the website is anything new really in terms of their wireless coverage which has been in place (in my area) since 2003.

It's taken a long time but 3 seem now to have put accurate information on-line for prospective users and I would urge anyone attracted to their less than generous offers to look closely at what they can expect at their postcode address.