View Full Version : Amazing Retention Deals

3GScottishUser
21st October 2005, 02:38 PM
I spoke to retentions today about my immenent disconection and they were actually very, very pleasent to deal with (Mumbai).

They even apologised for me having to call them over 6 times to manage to get to complete my enquiry with their staff. I explained that was exactly the reason i was leaving!!! (They even called me and left an answerphone message saying the 'call dropped').

They listened to my problems and took account of my usage pattern and suggested I try a new handet on a no-obligation 7 day trial, as new models (allegedley) 'Lock onto and hold the strongest signal unlike the older handsets'. They even mentioned 02 and said if my signal was weak it would stay on that network and would not attempt to switch over. I am highly sceptical about this though.

They were most attentive and I'd say a dramatic improvement on previous sevice agent experiences I have had with 3 before. I have a few days to consider whether I want a shiney new handset of my choice with a free BT headset and 6 months 1/2 price line rental, double minutes or texts and which can be reduced to the lowest tariff at month 6. All this on a 12 month contract. They even offered a PAC code, and to transfer my account to any 3rd party who could then take advantage of the offer. No cashback involved, billed by the network, same number retained.

I'm impressed but there's only so many phones I can use! However I'd give 3 9/10 for effort and courtesy when faced with a disconnection and I felt well looked after having spoken to them on this occasion. Never say never I might just be tempted!!! Maybe!!

solo12002
21st October 2005, 07:38 PM
Hats off to you.

You are fast enought to be straight to the point about the poor service provided and to your credit tonight good enought to praise them for a good service to you.

Ben
21st October 2005, 07:49 PM
They have indeed offered some excellent reasons to stay with Three. It's a shame that in your current geographical location you'd not be in a position to enjoy the offers suggested.

Still, thanks for sharing, it's a motivation to all 3 customers due for renewal!

Hands0n
22nd October 2005, 12:59 AM
Wow! I almost look forward to speaking with 3's Retentions team come January 19th 2006 00:01hrs. :D

But what IS it with their telephone lines? :eek: More than 2 years on and they still have not got them stable enough to complete a single CS call! Perhaps they'd be better off getting rid of whatever terrestrial system they are using and go over to a VoIP solution. It couldn't be worse!

Anyroadup, well done to you for giving this rather interestingly positive feedback about your Retentions experience with 3. I do think that 3 currently have the widest selection of 3G handsets - ignoring the early Motorola and NEC stuff that still populates their website (?!!).

Did you ever get on to [email protected] to report the poor 3G in your area? They really do seem to listen. It was less than three days after reporting a local 3G problem in my area of operation that the problem was fixed. Prefixed by the following from their CS

Thank you for your email regarding the transmission difficulties in the Rochester Rd and Pear Tree Lane area.

I passed the details to our engineering team in the form of a problem report which if you call in ,will be able to be tracked ,as I have attached the details to your account notes ,giving them the details you kindly provided for us.

Please accept my apologies for any inconvenience caused and for your patience whilst reporting this matter to us.

"Yea, right" I thought to myself sceptically. But within a few days the problem with 3G handover to the transmitter disappeared and has remained that way ever since.

You never know. Your luck [with 3] may be on the up :)

3g-g
22nd October 2005, 01:50 AM
...Never say never I might just be tempted!!! Maybe!!

Nooooooo!!!

I tell you what, If you do decide to continue your/our punishment with 3, if you give me your postcode I'll come round with my all networks SIM and test call the area. I'll even give you the scramble codes and cell IDs for the area so you have some substance to go back to 3 with!!

:p